This is a simple guide that will take you from one step to another to help you make a sock bun. You should know that a sock bun is great because it works with most outfits that you wear. You can be dressed like a slob or the most sophisticated person but this is one handy hairstyle that would still work. The best part is that a sock bun is something that you can style to make it as soft and lovely or as severe as you want to make it. Learning how to make a sock pun can be a great addition to your repertoire and you will be glad you did so.
How to Make a Sock Bun
Here is the list of accoutrements that you need to gather before starting:
- Socks in the color of the hair you have and also ensure that you pick the sock based on the size of the bun that you wanted to create
- A nice pair of scissors that are sharp and handy
- Hair that is willing to be used for this purpose
- Pins to make the bun
- Tie to tie back the hair
- Brush or comb that you find easy to use
This list will prove that most of the things that you find on this list are those that are usually lying at home and need no special shopping to do.Checkout some awesome haircuts for fine hairs.
Here is the process that you need to follow to make the sock bun:
- Take the sock and whack off the top part using the scissors while ensuring that the color of the sock works for you
- Roll the sock into the shape of a donut and do this tightly from the point where you hacked it off
- Comb and pull your hair back to form a ponytail. The ponytail needs to be placed where you would want the bun to be placed at. So a topknot kind of bun requires placement accordingly and something at the nape of the neck needs placement accordingly.
- Now pull out the ponytail from the center of the sock that you have just rolled. The next part is to wrap the hair around the sock in such a way that you ensure that your sock is fully covered.
- Soon you will find that the sock covered with hair is pressed to the head
- Once you are sure that the sock is covered, run a comb over it to ensure that the hair is smooth and all stray hairs are tucked in.
- Once this is done, do make sure that the bun is secured suing the pins that you have kept aside for this purpose.
- You can also decorate the bun with interesting bits and pieces if you feel the need to do so.
- Once the whole process of creating the bun is completed, apply hairspray to make sure that things are securely in place if you feel it is needed or else you may do away with this step..You should see some cool hairstyles for mature women.